Office of Student Conduct
Office: KL 184
Phone: 209-228-5433 Fax: 209-228-7618
Recent News Items
Our goal is to give students better access to information and automation when communicating with our office. We've added a lot of support for informative services by adding a FAQ section and a registration system to allow students to register for our events. This will allow us to keep track of things more easily. Feel free to browse our website and get familiar with the contents. Email us with any questions you may have about our site at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Student Conduct (OSC)
At UC Merced, the Office of Student Conduct (OSC) oversees the student disciplinary system for reports of suspected student misconduct, both academic (e.g., cheating, plagiarism and unauthorized collaboration) and nonacademic (e.g., computer misuse, alcohol and other residence hall violations, theft, and conduct that threatens health and safety).
Our Statement of Purpose
The Office of Student Conduct supports the mission of the campus by upholding standards of academic excellence, promoting integrity and fairness, and confronting behaviors that impair the teaching and learning environment through the use of outreach, support and educational sanctions.
- To facilitate student learning opportunities for ethical growth and development in connection with disciplinary, grievance, or conflict resolution processes;
- To support the educational mission of UC Merced by supporting, publishing, enforcing, drafting and interpreting standards of behavior as they relate to policies and procedures;
- To promote academic integrity and responsible conduct through outreach and education; and
- To work to maintain a safe and orderly campus environment consistent with academic excellence, conducive to learning and fostering respect for others and for the university's work of teaching, research and service.
Our Functions and Services
- Administer the student disciplinary system to ensure just and prompt resolution of alleged student misconduct;
- Promote ethical growth and development of students involved in the discipline process and uphold standards of excellence;
- Publish behavioral standards for students, conduct outreach and provide consultation regarding academic integrity and social responsibility, student discipline and grievance processes, promote campus awareness and discussion to prevent misconduct, and encourage integrity and ethical behavior;
- With the Student Response Team, coordinate responses to high-risk or disruptive situations or individuals;
- Provide information and assistance to students regarding grievance processes and student rights; respond to student grievances in a manner that fosters a climate of fairness, civility and mutual respect;
- Review, revise and interpret campus policies pertaining to student responsibilities and rights, and maintain centralized and confidential student disciplinary records; and
- Provide leadership opportunities for students in outreach, peer education and student discipline.
Adapted from the UC Davis Office of Student Judicial Affairs policies.
Frequently Asked Questions for Students
If you're a UC Merced student, this is an excellent place to start. Read through the FAQ below. If you still have a concern, we'd be happy to address it.
Types of Incidents Reported to the Office of Student Conduct (OSC).
Meet our team and read about us below. You can also learn more about us — where and what we studied — as well as contact information. Handling these images in a slanderous or otherwise inappropriate way is considered a violation of UC Merced's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). For information regarding AUP, click here.
Thank you for your understanding. Also, feel free to like us on Facebook!
Meet our Staff
Director, Student Life and Conduct
Coordinator, Student Conduct
Coordinator, Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Conduct
2016-2017 OSC Intern, Human Biology Major
2016-2017 OSC Intern, Mechanical Engineering Major
- Meet Our Staff
- Educational Programs
- Student Grievances
- File a Report